You are looking for a easy giseidofu with tofu and egg recipe that is delicious? How to prepare it not too difficult. If wrong processing then the result is not delicious. Whereas the delicious easy giseidofu with tofu and egg should has aroma and taste that could provoke everyone’s taste.
There are many little things that can affect the taste quality of easy giseidofu with tofu and egg, start from the type of ingredients, then selection of fresh ingredients and good, until how to process and serve. No need dizzy if want to prepare easy giseidofu with tofu and egg which is delicious as long as you know the trick and how to make this dish you can be serving special.
Ingredients and seasonings required in prepare
- Prepare 1 block Firm tofu (300 g)
- Use Any leftover vegetables in your fridge:
- Prepare 1 Carrot
- Use 1 Green vegetables (such as mangetout beans, edamame, or green beans)
- Prepare 1 Fresh shitake mushrooms, dried shiitake mushrooms, or dried hijiki
- Prepare 1 Prawns (good for the colour and texture)
- Prepare 1 Yuzu (optional)
- Take 1 Egg yolk
- Take 1 -1 1/2 ladles' full Dashi stock or water + dashi powder
- Use 2 tbsp Mentsuyu (3x concentrated)
- Prepare 1 tsp Katakuriko (dissolved in the same quantity of water)
I used prawns, carrot, and edamame beans in the photo. Easy Giseidofu with Tofu and Egg. I used prawns, carrot, and edamame beans in the photo. Add small shavings of yuzu to enhance the flavour of the mixture.
How to cook Easy Giseidofu with Tofu and Egg:
- Absorb the excess water from the tofu with paper towels. Julienne the vegetables.
- Blanch the prepared vegetables (about for 1 minute). You don't need to blanch the frozen edamame beans or pre-cooked edamame beans. If you use prawns, cook quickly in the same water after blanching the vegetables.
- Save some vegetables for garnish.
- Mash the tofu until smooth and stir in the egg yolk (you can add 1 tablespoon of mentsuyu, not listed in the ingredients).
- Add the vegetables from Step 2 to the tofu mixture. I used prawns, carrot, and edamame beans in the photo. Add small shavings of yuzu to enhance the flavour of the mixture.
- Line round-bottomed dishes with cling film. Ladle 1/3 of the mixture from Step 5 into each dish. Pull the sides of the cling film toward the top and twist to seal. Lay the twisted part over the top of the mixture.
- Microwave each dish for 2 minutes. After microwaving, upturn the dishes onto your serving dishes. Do this after they have cooled, since they will be very hot.
- Put one ladle of dashi stock (or water + dashi powder) and 2 tablespoons of mentsuyu together and bring to the boil. Add the katakuriko to thicken.
- Pour an sauce over the tofu dish and garnish with the vegetables you set aside and the yuzu shavings. Yuzu will give a great flavour to the dish, so I suggest you use it if you have some!!
- To store yuzu, wrap it up in a double layers of cling film and freeze. You can shave or grate the rind anytime you need it for cooking or for garnish in your clear broth.
- Done and ready to serve!
The tofu in this recipe is lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, dipped in an egg mixture then pan-fried to golden perfection. I continued to use a steamer for a while, but I changed to a microwave several years ago. This is how I use a microwave for just several. Line round-bottomed dishes with cling film. Pull the sides of the cling film toward the top and twist to seal.
how ? Easy isn’t it? That’s the prepare easy giseidofu with tofu and egg that you practice at home. Good luck!