Are looking for a chicken pot “no pie” with buttermilk biscuits recipe that is appetizing? How to prepare it not difficult. If wrong processing then the result is in fact tends to be unpleasant. Whereas the delicious chicken pot “no pie” with buttermilk biscuits should had aroma and taste that could provoke everyone’s taste.
There are many little things that can affect the taste quality of chicken pot “no pie” with buttermilk biscuits, first from the type of ingredients, next selection of fresh ingredients and good, until how to process and serv it. No need dizzy if want to prepare chicken pot “no pie” with buttermilk biscuits delicious as long as you know the trick and how to make this dish can be treat special.
Ingredients and seasonings used in make
- Take Chicken pot pie
- Prepare 15 strips chicken (diced)
- Take 5-6 medium-sized potatoes (cubed)
- Prepare 1 frozen bag of peas (I buy a mixed package with corn, peas, and carrots inside)
- Prepare 1/2 onion (diced)
- Take 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Take 2 cups chicken broth
- Prepare Desired amount of salt
- Prepare Desired amount pepper
- Prepare 2 tbsp flour
- Use 2 tbsp butter
- Prepare Buttermilk biscuits
- Use 4 cups AP flour
- Take 4 tsp baking powder
- Use 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 3/4 cup butter
- Prepare 1 cup buttermilk
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter (for brushing)
Great recipe for Chicken Pot "No Pie" with Buttermilk Biscuits. This new twist on traditional chicken pot pie has no crust, but instead, the delicious filling is paired up with amazing buttermilk biscuits! #mycookbook We provide you only the best Chicken Pot "No Pie" with Buttermilk Biscuits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try. Before you jump to Chicken Pot "No Pie" with Buttermilk Biscuits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Vitality.
Instructions to make Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. (375 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Then, in a large bowl combine your dry ingredients using a whisk.
- Add the butter into flour mixture and crumble with your fingers.
- Gradually add in the buttermilk and mix with your hands until you have formed a ball of dough. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, see step 5 for instructions on how to make your own. (I always make it from scratch for this recipe.)
- You can easily make buttermilk with whole milk and either lemon juice or white vinegar. For every 1/2 cup of milk you use, add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice or white vinegar; whisk together.
- Roll our your dough, then fold in half. Roll out again, and fold once more. Then roll out the dough until it’s between 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick. (Folding the dough over builds up layers making your biscuits thicker.)
- Next, using a biscuit cutter or a glass cup, cut out your biscuits and place on a cooking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and lightly brush the tops of the biscuits using a pastry brush.
- Now, let’s make the chicken pot pie filling. First, wash and peel your potatoes. Then, cut them into small cubes and set aside.
- Next, cut the chicken strips into equal bite-sized chunks. Set aside.
- Add the minced garlic and 1/2 onion to a pan and sauté until translucent. Once it’s translucent, add the potatoes and cook on medium-low heat for 8 minutes.
- Now is a good time to preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Add the frozen veggies and cook for 4 minutes.
- Then, pour in the chicken broth and add the diced chicken. Place a lid over the pan and stir occasionally to make sure all the pieces of chicken are cooked; cook on medium heat for 8 minutes. (Pre-cooking your chicken is also an option, however I learned from experience that when you do that the chicken tends to be a lot drier.)
- Once the chicken is cooked, evenly coat everything in the pan with the flour. Stir quickly to avoid lumps. Then, add the butter and stir well.
- Pour everything into your oven safe cooking dish and put in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
- C’mon!! 🤤😍
- Done and ready to serve!
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. Here is how you cook it. This is awesome with a double crust, but if you are watching your fat intake, it is also yummy with just a top. My garlic cheddar biscuits make men weep. Chicken Pot "No Pie" with Buttermilk Biscuits instructions.
I say thank you for reading the recipe that I convey on here. hope we Congratulations enjoy