You are looking for a grandma betty's pumpkin pie recipe that is appetizing? How to prepare it easy. If wrong processing then the result is in fact tends to be unpleasant. Whereas the delicious grandma betty's pumpkin pie should had aroma and taste that could provoke everyone’s taste.
There are many little things that can affect the taste quality of grandma betty's pumpkin pie, first from the type of ingredients, then selection of fresh ingredients and good, until how to make and serve. No need dizzy if want prepare grandma betty's pumpkin pie delicious as long as you know the trick and how to make this dish you can be serving special.
Ingredients and seasonings required exist for make
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- Prepare 2/3 cups cold unsalted butter (1 stick and 3 tablespoons)
- Take 5-7 Tablespoons ice water
- Prepare 2 slightly beaten eggs
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups fresh, pureed pumpkin (or canned pumpkin)
- Take 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Prepare 1/4 cup granulated (white) sugar or coconut sugar
- Use 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Prepare 1 2/3 cups evaporated milk (12 oz can)
Tastes just like Grandma's pumpkin pie! Bubblegum flavoured ice cream with pink, gum flavoured pieces More Info.. A sure way to get your taste buds tingling!. American Gra-Frutti serves up gluten-free baked goods in Roswell.
How to make Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Make the dough for the crust first by putting the flour into a food processor or mixing bowl. Add a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Cut the butter into 1/2 inch cubes to make it easier to mix, and add that to the mixture. Blend it with a large food processor blade (my preference) or use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour.
- Add 5 to 7 tablespoons of ice water. Use as little water as you can to get the mixture to form into dough ball. As soon as the dough starts sticking together, stop adding water and stop mixing.
- Make a ball from the dough, and put it in the refrigerator to cool for at least 10 minutes. You want the dough to be cold when you roll it out into a crust.
- Now make the filling: Combine the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices into a bowl and mix with a whisk until the color is even.
- Last, add the evaporated milk gradually, pouring about 3 oz at a time in and mixing well. Put the filling into the refrigerator.
- Get ready to roll the crust. Get your pie plate ready, get out a rolling pin, dust it with flour. Prepare your rolling surface with a dusting of flour as well. A granite or stone rolling surface is best, because it will keep the dough cool. You want to do this next part fairly quickly because you don't want the dough to warm up too much, and the longer you work the dough, the tougher the crust will be.
- Get the dough out of the fridge, put some flour on your hands and flatten the ball into a thick circle, then put it on your rolling surface.
- Roll out the dough to fit your pie plate. Flip the dough and dust with flour a few times to prevent it sticking to your rolling surface. Thickness of the rolled out crust should be about 3/8 inch thick.
- Put the rolled dough into the pie plate, push the dough gently into the bottom of the edges, and trim (or decorate) the rim of the crust.
- Move the pie crust to a counter top as close to the oven as you can. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Put the pie into the oven and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes. When done, the filling should move only slightly (like firm Jello) when you shake it. You can also test for done-ness by sticking a knife into the center of the pie. If it comes out clean, the pie is done.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool before serving.
- Done and ready to serve!
Fresh baked goods are an essential part of every Thanksgiving feast. But for those suffering from gluten intolerance or Celiac disease, the sight of Grandma's angel biscuits or Aunt Betty's pumpkin pie can induce shudders of apprehension rather than delight. Stir in whipping cream and milk. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat. Transfer to bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap.
me, the simple preparation of Grandma Betty's Pumpkin Pie above can help you prepare servings that are delicious for family/friends Congratulations enjoy