You are looking for a nonya prawn salad with sweet and sour dressing recipe that is appetizing? How to make it not too difficult. If wrong processing then the result is in fact tends to be unpleasant. Whereas the delicious nonya prawn salad with sweet and sour dressing should has aroma and taste that can provoke everyone’s taste.
There are many little things that can affect the taste quality of nonya prawn salad with sweet and sour dressing, start from the type of ingredients, then selection of fresh ingredients and good, until how to make and serv it. No need dizzy if want prepare nonya prawn salad with sweet and sour dressing delicious as long as you know the trick and how to make this dish able become treat special.
Ingredients and seasonings used for make
- Prepare 1 head soft-leaf lettuce, torn into shreds (optional)
- Prepare 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- Take 125 grams daikon radish, cut into matchsticks
- Prepare 1 medium cucumber, halved lenghtwise, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Use 1 starfruit or green apple, halved lenghtwise and thinly sliced
- Prepare 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Prepare 250 grams medium fresh prawns, poached for 1 minute, then peeled and deveined
- Prepare 1 fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Use 1 fried shallots, to garnish
- Use 1 Keropok (deep fried prawn crackers) to garnish (optional)
- Prepare 1 fried peanuts, skins removed and coarsely ground, to garnish (optional)
- Prepare Sweet sour dressin
- Prepare 7 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- Use 4 clove garlic, peeled and bruised
- Prepare 1/2 cup chinese plum sauce or
- Prepare 1/2 cup tamarind juice mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare 1/2 cup palm sugar syrup
- Prepare 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Prepare 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
Reserving some chopped peanuts for garnish, mix the remaining sauce ingredients together and taste. If you don't like things too spicy, start with less chilli flakes and sambal, adding more to taste. You may also like to add more lime juice. The Marion Grasby recipes you love, inspired by Asian food and beyond (even fusion pasta!).
How to cook Nonya prawn salad with sweet and sour dressing:
- to make the sweet sour dressing, grind the chillies and garlic in a mortar or blender, adding a little of the plum sauce or tamarind juice to keep the blades turning. When finely ground, add the rest of the dressing ingredients and grind again. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients and portion them onto 6 serving plates. Pour a little of the dressing over each serving and top with the fresh coriander leaves, crispy shallots, keropok and a generous helping of peanuts. Or serve the preparedingredients with the dressing on the side
- Note: Different brands of chinese plum sauce vary in their sugar content, so adjust the dressing to suit your taste. To prepare Palm Sugar Syrup, bring half cup palm sugar shavings and half cup water to a boil. Add a pandanus leaf to the water, if desired. Then reduce the heat and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until the liquid thickens and becomes syrupy. Strain, discard the pandanus leaf if using, and set the syrup aside to chill. Some brands of palm sugar ar very hard and need to be chopped with a sharp knife before boiling
- Done and ready to serve!
Cook better, eat better with Marion's Kitchen. Sweet chili dressing, cherry tomato and baby leaves Atlantic cod fillet with turmeric crust Malay coconut gravy, steamed rice, stir-fried vegetables -or- Slow braised beef cheek topped with rendang style sauce Steamed jasmine rice, tossed green beans and carrots Coconut dome topped with chocolate Passion fruit jelly, seasonal fruits And there is a second encounter with bubur cha cha for the day, this one produced proudly with homemade tapioca jellies - just like a real Nyonya recipe, Florence says. There's no need for packet tapioca here. Sauteed Lamb Chops in Sweet Spicy Sauce. Add the fish sauce, palm sugar, and tamarind paste.
how is this? Easy isn’t it? That’s the make nonya prawn salad with sweet and sour dressing that you do at home. Congratulations enjoy