Again looking for a kapustnica (slovakian sauerkraut & sausage soup) recipe that is appetizing? How to make it not too difficult. If wrong processing then the result is not delicious. Whereas the delicious kapustnica (slovakian sauerkraut & sausage soup) should had aroma and taste that able provoke everyone’s taste.
There are many little things that can affect the taste quality of kapustnica (slovakian sauerkraut & sausage soup), start from the type of ingredients, next selection of fresh ingredients and good, until how to make and serv it. No need dizzy if want prepare kapustnica (slovakian sauerkraut & sausage soup) delicious as long as you know the trick and how to make this dish able become serving special.
Ingredients and seasonings must exist in prepare
- Prepare 300 g smoked ham hocks
- Prepare 1 allspice berry
- Prepare 5 peppercorns
- Prepare 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Take 1 cup sauerkraut (about 400 g)
- Prepare 1 onion, sliced thinly
- Use 2 tsp paprika powder
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 100 g dried mushrooms
- Prepare 1 large Hungarian or Polish-style smoked sausage
- Prepare 1 tsp sugar
- Take 1 Tbsp vinegar
- Prepare 1 tsp dried marjoram
- Prepare to taste Plain yogurt, sour cream or cream (for garnish)
Take out the sausages and pork ribs from the pot. Let them cool a little bit. Rinse the sauerkraut, then put it with a liter of water into a large pot. Cut and mix onion and garlic cloves, add to the soup.
Instructions to make Kapustnica (Slovakian Sauerkraut & Sausage Soup):
- This is what the smoked ham hock and sausage in Slovakia looks like. You can probably use any kind of smoked ham or non-sweetened smoked pork as a substitute.
- Add smoked ham, 2 liters water, bay leaf, pepper, allspice, caraway, and 1 tsp salt to a pot. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover with lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice onions thinly. In a separate frying pan, heat 1 Tablespoons oil and sauté onions until translucent, but not brown (about 5 minutes).
- When onions are soft, mix in 2 tsp paprika and stir into onions. Remove from heat.
- Add sauerkraut to the pot, with a little bit of the juice, after initial 30 minutes is up.
- Next stir in the onions, mushrooms and garlic. Cover with lid and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Remove ham from soup. Cut meat from bone (if any) and cut off any of the thick pieces of skin. Chop up the meat into small pieces.
- Return ham to pot and simmer another 20 minutes. If you have some red wine, add 1/2 cup or so to give the soup even more flavor!
- Cut up the sausage and add it to the pot along with the vinegar, sugar and marjoram.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes. Add a little more vinegar, salt, pepper, and/or sugar to adjust to your taste. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt over top.
- Done and ready to serve!
Cut the sausages into small pieces and add it to the soup. Add red pepper and paprika Remove the meat and dice, discarding the bones and fat. Return the meat to the pot and add the sauerkraut, onion, prunes, wine, tomato paste, garlic, mushrooms, caraway, and marjoram. This Slovakian sauerkraut soup is a must-have dish on Christmas. This soup is a typical dish in central Europe, especially Poland and Slovakia.
relatives or to be ideas in selling food. Congratulations enjoy