You are looking for a cottage pie meal recipe that is appetizing? How to prepare it easy. If wrong processing then the result is in fact tends to be unpleasant. Whereas the delicious cottage pie meal should had aroma and taste that able provoke everyone’s taste.
There are many little things that can affect the taste quality of cottage pie meal, first from the type of ingredients, then selection of fresh ingredients and good, until how to process and serv it. No need dizzy if want to prepare cottage pie meal delicious as long as you know the trick and how to make this dish you can become serving special.
Ingredients and seasonings must exist in make
- Use 200 g beef mince
- Prepare 1 cup bread crumbs
- Prepare 1 egg
- Prepare 1/2 onion chopped
- Take 1/2 green pepper chopped
- Prepare 1 tsp Garlic and ginger paste
- Prepare 1 tblsp BBQ spice and 1 tblsp peri-peri spice
- Prepare Mash
- Take 3 medium sized potatoes
- Prepare 40 ml milk
- Use 10 g butter
- Prepare Mixed herbs
- Take Sides
- Prepare Half Butternut (peeled and chopped up)
- Use 3 large carrots (peeled and sliced up)
- Use Rice
- Take 250 ml rice
- Prepare Turmeric
- Use 2 sticks stick cinnamon
- Prepare to taste Salt
Cottage pie is one of the classic dishes in a British kitchen. Cottage pie with a couple of Yorkshire puddings rivals even a Sunday roast when it comes to comfort food! Drain then return to pot on turned off stove. Add butter and mash until melted, then add milk and salt.
How to cook Cottage Pie Meal:
- Put the rice in a pot, covered in 400ml water. Add the turmeric and stick cinnamon (with some salt to taste) and allow it to cook until ready.
- Put the peeled and chopped Butternut and carrots in a mini pot and cover with water (with some salt to taste) and cook until veggies are soft enough to be poked with a fork.
- Peel and chop up the potatoes and follow the same procedure as mentioned above.
- Rinse the mince and place it in a pirex/glass dish. Add the chopped onion and green pepper and then add the egg. Add bread crumbs and thereafter mix thoroughly adding spices as desired.
- Use a tblsp of oil to line the pie dish around the ends of the pie so that it doesn't turn dry whilst in the oven.
- Place the cottage pie in the oven and allow to cook until mince is brown.
- Once rice is done place it in a strainer and rinse with clean cold water. Once that is done, sprinkle rice with 3 tblsp of sugar and ensure that sugar is evenly distributed.
- Once veggies are soft enough to be poked with a fork remove them from the stove and place in another strainer, rinse with cold water and follow the same procedure as mentioned above.
- Once potatoes are soft, take it off the stove. Rinse with cold water and place it back onto the stove. Add the butter and milk and mash it with a fork. Do add some peri-peri spice/fisherman spice to give the mash some flavour.
- Once the mince has browned in the oven cover the pie with the mash and decorate it with a fork. Sprinkle the mixed herbs over and place it back into the oven for approx. 10/15 minutes. When cottage pie is ready, the meal can be served as intended.
- Done and ready to serve!
A traditional cottage pie is made with ground beef and topped with mashed potatoes. We used potato slices, which saves time and looks good, too. For a shepherd's pie, use lamb. Remove from pan and set aside. Drain most of the accumulated fat from the pan.
relatives or to be creations for do culinary business. Congratulations enjoy