Are looking for a pumpkin pie with maple crumb topping recipe that is appetizing? How to prepare it easy. If wrong processing then the result is not delicious. Whereas the delicious pumpkin pie with maple crumb topping should had aroma and taste that could provoke everyone’s taste.
There are many little things that can affect the taste quality of pumpkin pie with maple crumb topping, first from the type of ingredients, next selection of fresh ingredients and good, until how to make and serv it. No need dizzy if want to prepare pumpkin pie with maple crumb topping delicious as long as you know the trick and how to make this dish you can be serving special.
Ingredients and seasonings required in make
- Take Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Prepare 3/4 cup granulated sugar, can omit or reduce to make it less sweet
- Take 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Take 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Take 2 large eggs
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- Use 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- Prepare 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare Pie Crust
- Prepare 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Use 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Use 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Take 1/4 tsp fine salt
- Take 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra as needed
- Prepare 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Prepare small pinch of ground cloves
- Take Maple Crumb Topping
- Prepare 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Use 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- Prepare 6 tbsp cold butter
- Prepare 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Prepare 1 tbsp crystallised ginger (optional)
- Prepare 1 whipping cream, as needed
Place cookie crumbs in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter until evenly combined. (The mixture should hold it's shape when you squeeze it in your hand). Combine the cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in the chilled bowl, and beat on. Common sense tells you it would sink to the bottom (that was my worry initially), but miraculously, it doesn't.
Instructions to make Pumpkin Pie with Maple Crumb Topping:
- For the crust, in a large bowl stir the butter, oil, sugar and salt together until evenly combined.
- Add the flour (shifted), cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and stir until soft dough forms. Do not overwork the dough. I did find that the dough was a little on the dry side so I added a 5-6 tbsp of cold water. If yours is a little dry add 1 tbsp of cold water at a time until you get the right consistency.
- Shape the dough into a flat disk wrap with clingfilm and set in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured flat surface until its about 12 inch in diameter.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate/tray with the rolled dough. (I also buttered and floured the tray prior so it wouldn't stick)
- Fold the excess over the dough itself, crimping the edges to seal.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in fridge until the filling is finished.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 f/ 175 c/ gas mark 4.
- To make the filling, in a small bowl mix the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves together.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs.
- Stir in the puree and sugar spice mixture.
- Lastly, gradually stir in the evaporated milk and add in the vanilla.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the filling is just about set. Mine did take slightly longer to just about set, about 35 minutes.
- To make the topping while th pie is baking, combine flour, sugar, butter and ginger in a food processor.
- Pluse until it becomes crumbly but do not over process as it will turn to dough.
- Carefully add the topping to the pie and bake for another 30-40 minutes, until the crumb topping is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack, until its at room temperature.
- Refrigerate until it's time to serve.
- Add whipping cream or extra thick cream to each serving.
- I had a fair bit of dough and filling left so I made a few individual ones so as not to waste it.
- Done and ready to serve!
Combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, maple flavoring, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl. Combine flour and salt in bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in water until flour is just moistened. Add sugar, spices and vanilla and continue to mix. Combine all crumble ingredients in a small bowl.
me, the simple preparation of Pumpkin Pie with Maple Crumb Topping above can help you prepare dishes that are delicious for family/friends Hope it’s useful and good luck!