Are looking for a pot roast recipe that is delicious? How to make it easy. If wrong processing then the result is not delicious. Whereas the delicious pot roast should had aroma and taste that can provoke everyone’s taste.
There are many little things that can affect the taste quality of pot roast, first from the type of ingredients, then selection of fresh ingredients and good, until how to process and serv it. No need dizzy if want prepare pot roast delicious as long as you know the trick and how to make this dish you can be serving special.
Ingredients and seasonings used in prepare
- Take 3-4 lb boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- Prepare 2 large yellow onions; large dice
- Take 3 stalks celery; large dice
- Use 3 carrots; about 1/4" inch thick
- Prepare 2 large Idaho potatoes; peeled & large dice
- Prepare 4 cloves garlic; creamed
- Take 4 C beef stock
- Take 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 1 T tomato paste
- Prepare 2 T fresh rosemary; minced
- Take 2 t fresh thyme; minced
- Prepare 1/4 C worcestershire sauce
- Prepare as needed kosher salt & black pepper
- Prepare as needed vegetable oil
- Prepare as needed fresh parsley; minced
Generously salt and pepper your chuck roast. Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When roast is browned, remove from pan and set on a plate. Add the garlic and carrots to sit on top of the onions.
Step by step to cook Pot Roast:
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Season roast with half the thyme and rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe pot or dutch oven. Sear roast on all sides and remove to a plate.
- Add onions, carrots, and the remaining rosemary and thyme. Cook until onions begin to caramelize. Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste. Cook 1 minute.
- Add worcestershire sauce. Scrape up any brown bits remaining on the bottom of the pot. Cook until nearly dry.
- Return roast to pot. Add broth and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer. Cover.
- Transfer to oven. Cook for 3-4 hours or until roast is tender.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Variations; Cola, roasted garlic, bouqet garni, canola oil, bacon fat, crushed pepper flakes, red potatoes, fingerlings, sweet potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, parsnip, butternut squash, acorn squash, scallions, chives, leeks, red wine, beer, root beer, oregano, zucchini, green beans, bell peppers, jalapeños, paprika, shallots, pearl onion, asparagus, fennel, dried onion soup mix, chile puree, mushrooms
- Done and ready to serve!
Add the roast and simmer: Set the roast on top of the onions, garlic and carrots. Add the bay leaf and cover. Make it unique with beer, cranberries or wine! By Marie Thomas Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides.
relatives or to be inspiration for you who want to do culinary business. Hope it’s useful and good luck!