Again looking for a texas-style chicken fried steak with cream gravy recipe that is interesting? How to prepare it not difficult. If wrong processing then the result is in fact tends to be unpleasant. Whereas the delicious texas-style chicken fried steak with cream gravy should had aroma and taste that could provoke everyone’s taste.
There are many little things that can affect the taste quality of texas-style chicken fried steak with cream gravy, first from the type of ingredients, next selection of fresh ingredients and good, until how to process and serve. No need dizzy if want prepare texas-style chicken fried steak with cream gravy delicious as long as you know the trick and how to make this dish can become serving special.
Ingredients and seasonings must exist for make
- Use 4 tenderized beef cutlets (known in supermarkets as cube steak) or 1 round steak with fat removed, that you've tenderized yourself.
- Use 1 egg
- Prepare 1/4 milk
- Take 1 cooking oil or melted crisco
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Take 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 1/4 tsp paprika
- Prepare 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Prepare 1 all purpose flour
This authentic Texas chicken fried steak recipe shares my family secrets to crispy, well-developed batter and rich and creamy gravy! Lower heat, and gravy will begin to thicken. Continue cooking and stirring a few minutes until gravy reaches desired thickness. Fry chicken breasts on both sides, turning once, until golden brown.
How to make:process TEXAS-STYLE CHICKEN FRIED STEAK WITH CREAM GRAVY:
- beat together the egg and milk and set aside.mixed together the salt, black pepper, paprika and white pepper and sprinkle on both sides of beef cutlets.
- dredge the cutlets in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip each cutlet in the egg/milk mixture, then back in the flour. set cutlets aside on a piece of waxed paper.
- heat cooking oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. oil should be about a half inch deep in the pan. check the temperature with a drop of water if it pops and spitts back at you it's ready.
- with a long handled fork carefully place each cutlet into the hot oil. fry cutlets on both sides, turning once until golden brown. reduce heat to low, cover and cook 4 or 5 minutes until cutlets are done through. drain cutlets on paper towels
- CREAM GRAVY: after the cutlets are removed from the pan, pour off all but about to tablespoons of oil, keeping as many as possible at the brown bits in the pan. heat the oil over medium heat until hot.
- sprinkle 3 tablespoons of flour (use the leftover flour from the chicken fried steak recipe) in the hot oil. stir with a wooden spoon, quickly, to brown the flour.
- gradually stir in 3/4 cup milk and 3/4 cup water, mixed together, stirring constantly with the wooden spoon and mashing out any lumps. lower heat, and the gravy will begin to thicken. continue cooking and stirring a few minutes until gravy reaches desired thickness. check seasonings and add more salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Done and ready to serve!
Keep as many as possible of the browned bits in the pan. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If the oil isn't burnt, pour out all but ½ cup from the cast-iron skillet to use for the gravy. (Otherwise, use fresh neutral-tasting oil or butter.) Place over medium heat until hot. Adjust the heat as necessary to maintain the temperature, being careful not to let the fat get any hotter.
I say thank you for reading the recipe that we convey on here. hope we Hope it’s useful and good luck!